Academic Learning Labs
School Year 2021-2022
an individualized approach to homeschool education
Effective & Engaging
An individualized approach to your child’s education
Our Learning Labs are staffed by experienced Intervention Specialists and Educators who specialize in working with students with learning differences.
Together, we bring decades of knowledge and expertise to the classroom and collaborate across content areas to identify the strengths and challenges of the individual student.
Incorporating the student’s learning profile to our instructional approach is a key component to our program.
Grades 1-8+ School Day
Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Monday, August 23, 2021 – Thursday, May 26, 2022
Purposeful, explicit, metacognitive instruction focused on students acquiring academic and executive functioning strategies and skills
- Multi-sensory approach
- CRA: Concrete, Representational, Abstract methodology utilized
- Emphasis placed on conceptual understanding
- Focus on foundational skills and concepts at a student’s instructional level
ELA ~ Lower Grades
- Explicit instruction in Orton-Gillingham based decoding strategies
- Direct instruction in phonics, phonemic awareness, fluency, reading comprehension, and writing
- Multi-sensory activities and lessons
Reading ~ Middle Grades
- Utilization of Reading Workshop models
- Explicit strategic instruction with emphasis on metacognitive comprehension strategies
- Exploration of a variety of text structures including narrative and informational
- Vocabulary acquisition and utilization
Writing ~ Middle Grades
- Utilization of Reading and Writing Workshop models
- Learn and practice foundational writing skills
- Explicit strategic instruction across Writing genres (ex. Narrative, Informational, Persuasive, etc.)
Science & Social Studies
- Application of informational Reading & Writing strategies across curricular areas
- Rotation of topics
- Utilization of hands-ons activities to support student engagement and learning
Specialized Intervention and Speech & Language Therapy
- Specific academic needs
- Support of IEP goals
- Evidence-based interventions
- Holisitc approach, including social emotional learning
Educational Team Goals
- Professional interactions with parents and students
- Caring, engaging environment
- Effective communication
- Quarterly reporting on progress
- Attend every day unless not feeling well
- Participate in classes
- Treat self, staff and students with respect
- Complete homework
- Support strategies your child learns
- Arrive and pick-up on time
- Contact staff with concerns/questions
Art and Music Classes
- 1:00-1:45 PM
Educator to student ratio average is 1:3.
Virtual sessions occur only on inclement weather days.
Tuition assistance is available. Contact us to learn more.
“I am learning to read, and I kind of like math now!”
“My teacher teaches me skills in a way I can learn. I am more confident in my reading and writing abilities.”
“Educators are fantastic! I don’t know where we’d be without the support and services.”
“I’ll most definitely send any families looking for academic support and alternative schooling options to you.”
“We are so happy with the progress our son has made! His reading and math skills are improving, and he is maintaining the skills taught.”
“Your thoughtful planning for instruction results in a meaningful educational experience, progress, and true benefit for the time invested in learning.“
Let’s Start the Process!
Please call/email to schedule a meeting to discuss your child’s needs.
Meet to learn about your child
Review your child’s records and reports
Evaluate your child’s skills and needs
Tuition Assistance available
Our New Location!
8812 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45236
Our NEW academic home features 4400 square feet with two HVAC systems using UV light for air purification. We are excited to provide safe space for all of our students, families and educators. We recognize this is one important factor in your child’s education!