For the 2022-2023 School Year
Hiring Full-time and Part-time Positions with benefits
Intervention Specialists, General Educators, Speech & Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists
Engaging & Professional Environment
Academic Learning Services team of educators work together to address the needs of each student.
We work with students in one-to-one and small group settings addressing IEP, academic, and therapeutic goals.
Together, we bring decades of knowledge and expertise and collaborate to identify strengths and challenges of the individual student.
Competitive Salary, 401k, RESA program
Interested? contact Amy Hebert
email | firstname.lastname@example.org
mobile | 513-615-9015
Provide students the opportunity to acquire the academic and social-emotional strategies and skills necessary to reach their potential.
- Explicit strategic instruction across content areas
- Engaging multisensory approach to instruction builds stronger neural connections, better retention of concepts, and access to multiple ways to learn and understand information
- Empowering Executive Functioning strategies help students understand how they think and learn and how to tackle complex tasks
- Multi-sensory approach
- CRA: Concrete, Representational, Abstract methodology utilized
- Emphasis placed on conceptual understanding
- Focus on foundational skills and concepts at a student’s instructional level
ELA ~ Lower Grades
- Explicit instruction in Orton-Gillingham based decoding and encoding strategies
- Direct instruction in phonics, phonemic awareness, fluency, reading comprehension, and writing
- Multi-sensory activities and lessons
Reading ~ Middle Grades
- Utilization of Reading Workshop models
- Explicit strategic instruction with emphasis on metacognitive comprehension strategies
- Exploration of a variety of text structures including narrative and informational
- Vocabulary acquisition and utilization
Writing ~ Middle Grades
- Utilization of Reading and Writing Workshop models
- Learn and practice foundational writing skills
- Explicit strategic instruction across Writing genres (ex. Narrative, Informational, Persuasive, etc.)
Science & Social Studies
- Application of informational Reading & Writing strategies across curricular areas
- Rotation of topics
- Utilization of hands-ons activities to support student engagement and learning
Specialized Intervention and Speech & Language Therapy
- Specific academic needs
- Support of IEP goals
- Evidence-based interventions
- Holisitc approach, including social emotional learning
- Professional interactions with parents and students
- Caring, engaging environment
- Effective communication
- Quarterly reporting on progress
- Attends every day unless not feeling well
- Engaged in sessions
- Treat self, staff and students with respect
- Learns self-advocacy skills
- Support strategies your child learns
- Arrive and pick-up on time
- Contact staff with concerns/questions
Social-Emotional Learning Block
Social Studies, Science, and Art extensions
One-to-One or small group sessions.
Virtual sessions occur if needed/requested.
Tuition assistance is available through our nonprofit: Specialized Educational Center. Contact us to learn more.
Specialized Educational Center is now an Amazon supported non-profit organization! When you choose Specialized Educational Center as your non-profit of choice, Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to us. Click the link below to start supporting today!
“My teacher teaches me skills in a way I can learn. I am more confident in my reading and writing abilities.”
“I’ll most definitely send any families looking for academic support and alternative schooling options to you.”
“Your thoughtful planning for instruction results in a meaningful educational experience, progress, and true benefit for the time invested in learning.“